The integration with QBO syncs basic client information between your customer records in QBO or QBOA within your firm's books and your client records in ClientView.
Current data fields that will sync:
- Company name (syncs to the "Company Name" field)
- Display Name (syncs to the client's "Name" field)
- address 2
However, this integration will not sync any product or billing data to ClientView. Once connected, the data in QBO will sync with ClientView data when you visit the ClientView Client List, when you visit a client record and when you go to the Manage area.
Setting up Integration & Connecting to your QBO Account
The QBO Integration can be setup by users within rootworks.com with Partner or Admin level access within Firm Settings > Integrations. Click on the Connect button next to QBO.
In order to authorize Rootworks to authenticate your user account with QBO, you will first need to click the QB Connect button and provide your username and password.
If you are using QBOA, you will be presented with an additional screen, presenting you with options for the instance of QBO to which you would like to connect.
You will then proceed in one of two ways:
- If you have your firm setup with QBO and connected to your QBOA account as a client, you will want to select your firm's name from the Search for a client dropdown.
- If you are using your QBOA account for your firm's books, simply check the box labeled Install for your firm.
Managing Synced Customers
Once connected, you'll be presented with an option to Manage data. This will allow you to manage your clients' status and map them to clients within ClientView accordingly.
Clients can exist in one of three states represented by the Status field in the Manage your QBO data screen.
- Mapped - Those customers who have been synced to clients in ClientView. These are indicated by a green checkmark.
- Not mapped - Those clients in ClientView who do not currently have a related customer account in QBO. These are indicated by a dash.
- Excluded - Those customers in QBO whom you have explicitly said you do not wish to sync with any ClientView clients. These are indicated by a red X.
In order to begin mapping Customers from QBO to Clients in ClientView, there are two ways you can accomplish this:
1. Map in Bulk
Click the Map Customers button, which should have a number next to it indicating how many customers you have in QBO that do not have matches in ClientView.
Clicking will open a new modal window giving you a list of all of your QBO customers on one side and the ability to select which ClientView customer to match it with on the right side. You will have a few options to choose from:
- Map the customer to an existing client in ClientView by selecting them from the dropdown list. If there was an exact name match with a client in ClientView, it will provide that as a suggestion within the dropdown. You can also search your client list by typing the client's name.
- If a certain QBO customer does not yet exist in ClientView, choose to create a new client, which will sync the basic information from the fields listed above and create a new client using this information.
- If you have a customer in QBO for whom you do not have a match in ClientView, do not wish to create a new client or simply do not want to sync the data, you may choose the option to exclude from syncing.
2. Map Individual Customers
Choose the client you would like to sync and click the ... button found next to the client. This will give you the following options:
- You may choose Map to client to map the client to a customer within QBO. If the client does not yet exist in ClientView, you will be given the option to create them as a new client.
- You may choose to Exclude from mapping to indicate that you do not wish for the data to sync from QBO to a client in ClientView.
Managing QBO Sync in ClientView
QBO Sync in the Client List
Within the Client List, once you have connected to QBO, you can see updates or click to Manage your sync data.
In the event that you have new customers in QBO that aren't linked in ClientView, you will see an option for Map # that will bring up the modal window allowing you to map those customers to existing clients or create new clients.
Clicking Manage integrations will take you to the Firm Settings > integrations screen where you can click in to the integration you wish to manage and then manage the data specific to that integration.
QBO Sync in a Client Record
Within an individual client record you also have the ability to enable or disable sync. Once you have connected your QBO account within firm settings, a QBO icon will display within each client record in the client summary pane.
If you haven't yet connected this client to a customer in QBO, a blue arrow icon will indicate that you are able to map this client to a customer. If you have mapped the client to a customer in QBO, a red X icon will allow you to disconnect the sync for that client only.